Quick Microwave Oven Cooked Tortilla Pizza
Here's all you need to make a quick & easy, kid favorite and kid-safe-to-make tortilla pizza. The thing I love most about this recipe is that I learned it from my 11 year old daughter. Tortilla pizzas are great for lunch, snack or dinner and require only the commonly found ingredients and pieces of equipment listed below.
Tomato or Pasta Sauce
Grated (or sliced) Cheese (I used a mozzarella and cheddar pizza mix, but any will work)
Microwave Safe Plate
1. Use a tablespoon to spread a thin, even layer of tomato sauce over the entire tortilla.
2. Cover the sauce with grated cheese and either leave it as is or top the cheese with pepperoni (optional) or any other favorite pizza topping.
3. Quickly and carefully fold the tortilla in half and cook it in the microwave oven using HIGH heat for 30 seconds.
4. Use a pot holder to remove the cooked tortilla pizza from the microwave oven. The tortilla pizza is done when the cheese is melted.
5. Use a table knife to cut the tortilla pizza into 3-4 pieces and serve warm.
For complete picture book directions please click, http://gotta-eat.com/blog/tortilla-pizza/.
For a short 2 minute step-by-step video, please click http://www.wisdeo.com/contents/videos/cooking/D1000/D2004
To contact me directly, please email me at email@example.com.
© 2010 Bruce Tretter