CONVERSATIONS: Feeding your love of life!

CONVERSATIONS: Feeding your love of life!

Conversations LIVE on WYAD 94.1 FM in Yazoo City, Mississippi!

Conversations LIVE on WYAD 94.1 FM in Yazoo City, Mississippi!
Click banner for details.

Conversations LIVE is on 106 Live Radio

Conversations LIVE is on 106 Live Radio
Monday through Fridays @ 11a.m. et (10a.m. ct/8a.m. pt)

Friday, September 30, 2011

Feedback From Radio Show Guests Further Validates Conversations LIVE!'s Purpose


For Cyrus Webb, host and creator of Conversations LIVE, the popular radio show has never been about him. He knew from the very first show in July 2003 that the platform was that of the people, and his purpose is to honor that with each and every guest. Whether it is a Pulitzer-Prize winning author, television celebrity or someone who is on the rise in their profession, the 36 year old treats them all with the same dignity that he feels as though they deserve.

Over the years Webb has been praised because of the people he brings on the show, but for him it is the feedback from the guests themselves that really lets him know that he has achived his goal and given the audience the best of himself and those with whom he converses.

Recently after interviewing author Steven Janke (The Kykuit Bunker) Webb received this note:


"Thank you so much for having me on your show tonight. I had a great time talking to you about my book, and am thankful that you invited me to share my work and ideas with your listeners. To be honest, I was nervous at first, but your interview style and kind, welcoming demeanor provided a very warm environment that allowed me to feel comfortable during the interview. I can tell that you are a great listener by your follow-up questions to my responses, but I can also tell that you have a very friendly personality.

"I was thinking about a question you asked me regarding what I felt like when I first started getting positive feedback about my book. After giving that some more thought, I wanted to let you know that aside from having relatives and friends provide positive feedback, and people that I met online whom I don't know personally give me similar feedback, that it wasn't until your show contacted my publicist, Kevin, about coming on and talking about my book did I truly feel that I had accomplished something of tangible value. It's receiving feedback from someone like yourself, a person who I imagine reads countless books in a year, with only a finite number of interview spaces to consider when doing a show, when I have actually felt an incredible sense of pride for having written this book. Don't get me wrong, I am very thankful for anyone who reads, or has read, my book, because I am appreciative of the time they spent to read it, but it wasn't until I had a chance to get on your program and share my story not only with you personally, but also with your listener base, that I finally felt that I had made it past just being another local author up here in Minnesota. You have made me feel very welcomed in the community of authors, reviewers, hosts, and entertainment in general, and that welcoming feeling is something that I wish I would have thought of when we were talking, to share my appreciation for you, to your listeners.

"As a result of that feeling, I am glad that you were the person who conducted what is actually my very first book interview. I hope that I continue to get to meet people along the way and share my story with more and more people, but I can't imagine meeting and interacting with a kinder person than yourself. Thanks again for everything, and I would welcome any opportunity to have another chance to speak with you on your program. Take care. --Steven Janke"


The sentiment shared by Janke online were mirrored by Cathy Jo, author of Transitions in this email:


"How beautifully put! Steven's sentiments echo my own. I had actually
listened to several of your interviews beforehand, just to familiarize
myself with your interview style. Listening to your voice took some of the
edginess away. And what Steven said about his moment of clarity is true for
me as well. I couldn't believe that someone with merit wanted to read my
book, let alone interview me about it! And then to give me a glowing
review--I was literally in shock. Usually, I'm shock-proof. As Steven said,
you are truly a great listener! That's a lost art today. Many people,
especially in your line of work, don't listen when others talk, they're
simply waiting for their turn to speak. You truly do possess a gift and it
has served you well!

"Again, Cyrus, thank you for the opportunity to be on your show and to talk
about my book. Your interview will definitely be one of the greatest
highlights in my literary career."


For Webb this is further validation that as Conversations LIVE continues to progress and grow that as long as it sticks with the formula of making the guest and the audience the priority it will continue to thrive. Listen to the interviews with the authors mentioned above at this link: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/conversationslive/2011/08/18/authors-steven-janke-and-cathy-jo-on-conversations-live


To stay connected with what's next for Conversations LIVE, visit www.conversationsliveradio.com. Want to be considered as a guest or advertise with the show? Contact Cyrus Webb at cawebb4@juno.com or 601.896.5616.